Member Resident Scholarship Information
The Resident Scholarship Program, sponsored by Housing Authority Insurance, Inc., celebrated 10 years of providing scholarships to public and Section 8 residents in 2013. In that time, more than half a million dollars has been awarded to over 200 students. As the number of applications received each year continues to grow, we have decided to automate the application process this year!
Using STARS Online, we will again be offering 50 scholarships worth $2,500 each in 2014. Simply visit https://HAIGroup.STARSScholarshipsOnline.com/STARS/default.aspx. There, residents will select 'Sign Up' to create an account, then answer the questions and attach the required documentation.
We encourage our Members to post the scholarship flyer on their community bulletin boards. All applications and supporting materials must be submitted by April 30, 2014. Completed applications will be entered into a lottery and scholarship recipients will be notified in June 2014.
To learn more about this program, simply expand the sections below for more detailed information on the application process, eligibility, submission instructions, etc. Should you have any questions, please call us at 800-873-0242, ext. 639 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Click each title (+) to show the detail.
+ Recipient Selection
Must be a public housing or Section 8 resident for at
least six months.
Your public housing authority must be a participant in either the
HARRG or HAPI program through Housing Authority Insurance, Inc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Must be a graduating high school senior or an adult with a high school
diploma or GED.
Must be currently attending college or plan to attend a college, university, or
Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater or have received a GED.
+ Application Instructions
+ Scholarship Awards
Visit the STARS Online website, select 'Sign Up' to create an account, then answer the questions, and attach the required documentation.
- Should residents not have access to the Internet, please contact us at 800-873-0242, ext. 639 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a paper application that can be mailed to the HAI Group office.
- Note: Transcripts must be uploaded to the website or included with the mailed application to be considered. Transcripts that are sent separately will not be considered for the scholarship.
Awards are $2,500 each and are issued before the fall semester of the current year. A total of 50 scholarships will be awarded.
+ Scholarship Payment
- Scholarship payments are made directly to the college, university, or technical school by Housing Authority Insurance, Inc. and are deposited into an F.B.O. (For the Benefit Of) Account.
- Scholarship award proceeds are to be used only for tuition, books, or school supplies.
- Recipients must notify Housing Authority Insurance, Inc. before the beginning of the fall semester of the institution that they will attend.
- The check will be sent once verification of the recipient's enrollment has been made.
- If there are any unused award proceeds after the completion of the fall academic term, Housing Authority Insurance, Inc. will reserve the right to withdraw those proceeds from the institution.