Member Resident Scholarship Information
Resident Scholarship Program was developed to create
educational opportunities for residents of member housing
The 2013 Resident Scholarship Program has now closed and the recipients have been chosen. We are no longer accepting applications for 2013.
To learn more about this program, simply expand the sections below for more detailed
information on the application process, eligibility, submission
instructions, etc. Should you have any questions, please call us
at 800-873-0242, ext. 639 or e-mail us at
Click each title (+) to show the detail.
+ Recipient Selection
Must be a public housing or Section 8 resident for at
least six months.
Your public housing authority must be a participant in either the
HARRG or HAPI program through Housing Authority Insurance, Incorporated.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Must be a graduating high school senior or an adult with a high school
diploma or GED.
Must be currently attending college or plan to attend a college, university, or
Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater or have received a GED.
+ Application Instructions
+ Scholarship Awards
Complete a Housing Authority Insurance, Inc. application.
All applications must be legible and signed.
Submit your most recent high school transcript, unofficial college
transcript, and/or GED.
- Note: Transcripts must be attached to the application (and not sent separately) to be considered.
Awards are $2,500 each and are issued before the fall semester of the current year. A total of 50 scholarships will be awarded.
+ Submission Instructions
+ Scholarship Payment
- Completed applications (B/W or color) must be postmarked by the
deadline on the application.
- Completed applications and supporting materials must be mailed in one envelope to the address listed on the application.
Alterations cannot be made to the original application.
- Incomplete applications will not be entered into the drawing.
- Scholarship payments are made directly to the college, university, or technical school by Housing Authority Insurance, Incorporated and are deposited into an F.B.O. (For the Benefit Of) Account.
- Scholarship award proceeds are to be used only for tuition, books, or school supplies.
- Recipients must notify Housing Authority Insurance, Incorporated before the beginning of the fall semester of the institution that they will attend.
- The check will be sent once verification of the recipient's enrollment has been made.
- If there are any unused award proceeds after the completion of the fall academic term, Housing Authority Insurance, Incorporated will reserve the right to withdraw those proceeds from the institution.