Experience the Difference
HAI Group is a family of companies that serves the public and affordable housing community with niche insurance programs as well as other value-added products and services.
Our continued growth over the past 25 years and diversification into areas where our Members have identified needs demonstrate our commitment to our more than 1,400 stakeholders. HAI Group is dedicated to providing reliable insurance, training, and software solutions to our Members in a manner which exceeds expectations.
As a member-owned organization, HAI Group has positioned itself as a recognized leader and expert in the public housing insurance industry. We serve public housing authorities (PHAs), 501(c)(3) nonprofits, affordable housing providers, low-income housing tax credit partnerships, and multifamily apartment owners helping the low income housing community.
Please contact the Marketing Representative for your state to obtain more information about our insurance programs for Public Housing Authorities and the benefits of becoming a member of HAI Group.
- HUD bid waiver
- Over $40B in property values insured
- $131M in dividends declared
- Available in 48 states and the District of Columbia
- Member-driven with a focus on their needs
- Competitive pricing with flexible coverage options
- In-house claims handling
- Risk management services
- A leading provider of property and liability insurance for the public housing industry
- More than $500K given to resident scholarships
- 600+ PHAs partake in our Life Insurance Benefit
- Trusted partners with leading industry groups
Three of the HAI Group companies - Housing Authority Risk Retention Group, Inc. (HARRG), Housing Authority Property Insurance, A Mutual Company (HAPI), and Housing Enterprise Insurance Company (HEIC) - are rated 'A' (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. These ratings reflect HAI Group's ability to consistently meet the needs of its Members. HAI Group strives to be the insurance of choice for the public and affordable housing community.
Our Member Retention exceeds 95%.