Thank you for your interest in the Resident Scholarship Program!
The Scholarship entry period for the 2017 Scholarship Program is open from
Monday, April 17 to Friday, June 30, 2017.
The HAI Group Board of Directors is committed to helping improve the lives of residents living in public and affordable housing by offering the Resident Scholarship Program. Over $900,000 scholarships have been awarded to over 350 recipients.
The Resident Scholarship Program is sponsored by Housing Authority Insurance Inc., providing residents with an opportunity to apply for a one-time scholarship toward attending college or completing their education and the opportunity to be a potential scholarship award winner for up to four consecutive years!
The 2017 Resident Scholarship program is currently underway. The entry process is simple; fill out the entry form, completely answer the questions, and upload all required documents to be entered into a drawing for a chance to be awarded a $6,000 scholarship. Limit one entry per resident, per year. Should you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-873-0242 ext. 345.
- Must be a public housing, Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), or affordable housing resident for at least the previous six months.
- Your public housing authority or affordable housing property must be a participant in either the Housing Authority Risk Retention Group (HARRG), Housing Authority Property Insurance (HAPI), or Housing Enterprise Insurance Company (HEIC) program through Housing Authority Insurance, Inc.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Official rules can be found here.
- Complete the entry form on this page.
- Potential scholarship recipients are selected by drawing.
- Potential scholarship recipients must meet the criteria outlined in the Official Rules of the program in order to receive the award.
- Awards are $6,000.00 each and are issued before the fall semester of the current year.
- A total of twenty scholarships will be awarded.
- All entries will be notified by e-mail unless noted that they do not have an e-mail address. In this case, they will be notified via mail.
- A resident selected through the drawing has fourteen (14) days to provide HAI, Inc. a Proof of Enrollment letter and completed W-9 form from the institution that they will attend. Failure to provide this within the specified timeframe will deem the scholarship award to be rejected by the resident and a new potential winner will be selected by drawing.
- Once all required documents are received, payment can then be sent. Scholarship payments are made directly to the college, university, or technical school by HAI, Inc. and are deposited into an F.B.O. (For the Benefit Of) Account.
- Scholarship award proceeds are to be used only for tuition, books, or school supplies.
- If there are any unused award proceeds after the completion of the fall academic term, HAI, Inc. will reserve the right to withdraw those proceeds from the institution.
- Click here
- Click here
- To view and print the 2017 Resident Scholarship Flyer, please click here.
- To access the Media Center click here.
Past Resident Scholarship Recipients