For nearly 30 years, HAI Group has served the public and affordable housing community with simple, sensible insurance coverage – including superior claims handling and risk control services to minimize impact on your operations, and keep properties safer for residents.
Our solutions reliably serve public housing agencies and their affiliated entities, Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) conversions, affordable housing developments, and low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) partnerships. We’re proud to report that our member retention rate is 95%+.
Markets We Serve
- Long-time advocate for member housing agencies, their affiliates, and the housing industry as a whole
- Owned and controlled by public housing agencies
- Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company
- More than $62+ billion in property values insured
- $131 million in dividends declared
- Available in 48 states and the District of Columbia
- In-house claims handling
- Risk control services
- Competitive pricing with flexible coverage options
- Hassle-free procurement with bid waiver from the US Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD)
- 600+ public housing agencies partake in our Life Insurance benefit
- Comprehensive insurance for your entire portfolio, including RAD and LIHTC developments
This electronic information is published by Housing Authority Risk Retention Group, Inc., (HARRG) for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation or sale of insurance to any person not eligible for membership. Risk retention groups operate under the federal Liability Risk Retention Act of 1986 and provide insurance for the common liability risk exposure of eligible group members. Different state laws may apply.
Policies issued by a risk retention group may not be subject to all of the insurance laws and regulations of your state. State insurance insolvency guaranty funds are not available for risk retention groups. This electronic information is intended solely to provide general information and is not intended to constitute legal advice. If legal advice is desired or needed, an attorney should be consulted.