Effective as of August 25, 2014
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. Personal Information may in certain circumstances include information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit history, Social Security Number (SSN), Driver’s License Number, credit or debit card number, policy or claim information, and health information. If you apply for a job through our Career Center, Personal Information could also include information about your work and educational history.
III.Use of Your Personal Information
HAI Group may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide a quote, underwrite and rate policies, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and complete your transactions.
- Process your claims.
- Confirm or correct what we know about you.
- Help us prevent fraud and other crimes.
- The intention of complying with the law or responding to lawful requests and/or legal process; protecting the rights or property of HAI Group or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services; or acting on a good faith believe that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of HAI Group employees, customers, or the public.
- A corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services, and
- Customize content and advertising to your interests and preferences.
- Making websites or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to
repeatedly enter the same information.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions, and to administer
- We also use your Personal Information to communicate with you.
IV. Who May Receive Your Personal Information Your Personal Information may be shared with:
- The affiliated companies which are a part of HAI Group.
- Other companies (vendors) we hire to provide limited services on our behalf, such as
handling the delivery of mailings or information technology, agents or brokers, other
insurance companies and regulators, and/or administrators.
- Insurance support organizations and consumer reporting agencies.
- Informationwesharewiththesegroups,suchasclaimsinformation,mustbe retained by them and disclosed to others.
- Third parties so that they can market their products and services to you if you have given us permission.
- Using Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on services, pages visited, and anonymous traffic data. We use this information for security purposes, to facilitate your navigation and to personalize your experience while using the services. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your web browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. This can be done through your web browser settings.
- Through Your Use of an App: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as date and time the App on your device accesses our service and what information and files have been downloaded.
- Pixel Tags and Similar Technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some services to track the actions of users of a service to measure success in marketing efforts and compile statistics about use and response rates of a service.
- From You: Information such as your location and preferred method of communication, are collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the service.
V. Other Information We May Collect
We and those we hire may collect other Personal Information in a variety of ways including:
VI. Children’s Privacy
The services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the services.
VII. Maintenance of Services
The services are maintained by us in the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdictions of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States.
VIII. Changes to Policy
IX. How We Secure Information
HAI Group is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We do not give or sell our customers’ Personal Information to others for marketing purposes.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting us at:
Attn: Corporate Compliance 189 Commerce Court
PO Box 189
Cheshire, CT 06410-0189
You may also exercise your right to opt-out by completing the following Opt-Out Form.