Want to sharpen your skills? Two new Nan McKay certification courses will soon be available to you through our online training platform. Don’t miss the opportunity to further your career by earning the following:
RAD Project-Based Voucher Specialist Certification – If your organization is transitioning to project-based vouchers (PBVs), this course will solidify your knowledge of program requirements and help you navigate various occupancy issues. At the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the different program requirements for the Rental Assistance Demonstration Project-Based Voucher (RAD PBV) program, standard Project-Based Voucher (PBV) program, tenant-based Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, and public housing
- Determine program eligibility
- Operate the waiting list
- Identify key program elements, requirements, documents, and regulations for the RAD PBV program
- Develop a regular monitoring review process for PBV projects to identify and avoid audit findings
Multifamily Housing Specialist Certification – If your organization is transitioning to project-based rental assistance (PBRA), this course will teach you the ins and outs of the Multifamily Housing Program. Topics covered:
- How to apply HUD regulations to determine eligibility
- Calculating income and rent
- Explaining leasing and contract renewal requirements
- Using the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) system and the Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS)
Spring Training for Housing Professionals
Major league baseball is doing it, and so are we – spring training! If you’re in New England, be sure to join us on Tuesday, March 26, 2019, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. EST at the HAI Group office in Cheshire, CT, for our member-exclusive event. Our risk control and consulting team will be hosting a day of interactive discussions and workshops centered on hard-hitting topics.
By attending, you’ll learn how to:
- Mitigate risks associated with summer hazards
- Recognize common insurance coverage gaps
- Address employee self-defense in the workplace
- Understand what makes a performance management system successful
- Identify the liability exposures that come with volunteer programs
- And more!
New MTW Resources Available
In our industry, we’re facing major challenges as we try to expand housing opportunities in the face of shrinking budgets. But that’s where MTW comes into play. We’re here to help you stay in the know about this expanding program so that you can find out if it is the right fit for your agency.
Check out our newly updated MTW Resources page for the latest information you need to navigate the program. We’ve updated the MTW Guide, posted an interview with two long-time MTW participants, highlighted relevant research, and you can now register for the 2019 MTW Conference in Washington D.C., April 23-24, 2019.
Here are just some of the things you’ll learn:
- The benefits and challenges of the MTW program
- How to plan, build support for, and develop your MTW application
- MTW activities your agency can implement
- What early participants wish they’d known when they were starting out
- Why baseline data collection is so important—and why it’s such a challenge
- What you’ll need to do if you’re selected to receive an MTW designation
Questions? Contact Keely Stater at (800) 873-0242, ext. 222 or email@example.com
Make an Impact – Join a Committee
We all know that a board of directors governs HAI Group, but did you know that we have five standing committees as well? These committees are comprised of members who are actively engaged in the oversight of HAI Group’s operations.
- Finance Committee: This team makes recommendations to improve our budgeting, investment policy, and annual financial audits.
- Insurance Solutions Committee: This team supports our core strength through underwriting, risk control, and claims policy management.
- Learning and Information Technology Solutions Committee: This team is engaged in developing strategies to expand our online training business opportunities.
- Sales, Marketing, and Research Committee: This team monitors the performance of our many products, programs, and member benefits.
- Strategic Capital Solutions Committee: This team provides consulting for opportunities to grow our Housing Credit Enrichment Program.
If you or someone else from your organization is interested in joining a committee, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Sexual Harassment Training Course Available
Got two hours? Then you’ve got time for sexual harassment education and prevention training—a new course that will help you create a more positive and productive culture, meet your organization’s training goals, reduce risk, and, in some cases, fulfill state and local requirements pertaining to this type of training. Available online, the course is easily accessible, convenient to administer, and cost-effective. Let us know what you think!
2018 NPS Survey Results – And What’s Next
We appreciate hearing your honest feedback in 2018. We read every NPS survey submitted by our policyholders and have partnered with the Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation (PAHRC) to analyze the data.
The top three qualities of HAI Group that you value most are:
- Knowledgeable staff
- Quick response to inquiries
As a direct result of your feedback, we are actively working on ways to continue to improve our service in these areas that you told us matter most. You will be receiving this survey again in 2019, and we encourage you to participate so that we can measure our progress and keep an open channel of communication for you to share any comments or concerns. We value your opinion. Take a short, two-question survey to let us know how HAI Group is doing.
2019 Resident Scholarship Program