Data Tools and Visual Resources
PAHRC provides housing and community data to researchers, housing and community development practitioners, and low-income advocates to support their work. Please click the tabs below to find out more about the resources we offer.
Community Reporting Tool
The Community Reporting Tool provides HAI Group members with customizable data extracts and maps with updated housing and demographic data from their community or selected geography. This powerful tool provides data for enhanced decision-making to help HAI Group members build and transform communities, support advocacy efforts, and build a case to demonstrate why housing matters.
HAI Group members can use the tool to:
- Create customizable data extracts for Annual Plan Reporting, Advocacy, Grant Proposals, or Median Rent Comparisons
- Conduct mapping analyses for Site Development, Fair Housing Plans, Identifying Neighborhoods of Opportunity
- Print maps of housing communities
- Download standard census housing and demographic reports
Learn More About the Community Reporting Tool »
Housing Impact Literature Database
HAI Group works to provide a growing list of informative resources and connection points to advocates, researchers, and housing and community development practitioners. Click the tabs below to read more.
We’ve compiled a database of research studies and literature reviews that investigate the impact of housing on individuals and communities. For each study, information is collected on the title, abstract, journal/publishing organization, publication date, and author. The Database is separated into three sheets:
- Affordable Housing Studies: Research on the impact of public and affordable housing on residents and communities.
- Literature Reviews: Literature reviews on the impact of housing on residents and communities.
- General Housing Studies: Research on the impact of housing in general on residents and communities.
Studies are Tagged by Subject Matter
To make them easier to find, you can search by topics:
- Cost burden
- Energy efficiency
- Fair housing
- Food security
- Housing quality
- Inclusionary zoning
- Neighborhood quality
- Property values
- Public assistance
- The impact of housing on health
Download Impact Study Database
PAHRC utilizes maps to allow users to visualize geographic data and examine patterns in their communities
National Housing Preservation Database
The National Housing Preservation Database (NHPD) was created by the Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation (PAHRC) and the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) to provide communities with the information they need to effectively preserve their stock of public and affordable housing.
The Database is an address-level inventory of federally-assisted rental housing from nine separate federal funding streams and three states. The NHPD is not only searchable, but it also provides downloadable data extracts. Users can customize their searches by location, funding stream, or 'at risk of loss' status, in addition to other characteristics.
Researchers, Advocates, Developers, and Housing Agencies Use Our Database For:
- Private landlord outreach
- Mapping city-wide or neighborhood housing portfolios
- Locating nonprofit housing collaborators for potential service or funding partnerships
- Obtaining housing data to evidence the need and/or impact of affordable housing efforts
- Identifying areas where affordable housing may be in jeopardy