Thanks to all the hard work, time, and generosity of our employees—driven by a culture of giving back that is championed by our leadership—HAI Group’s fundraising efforts made a difference to seven organizations and hundreds of people throughout the year.
Our Community and Resident Services Team, which oversees these efforts, reported some of the ways we’ve given back in 2019:
- New Britain Housing Authority (CT)—This holiday season, 45 children will receive holiday gifts thanks to generous donations from our company and our staff.
- Cheshire Food Pantry, Cheshire, CT—HAI Group donated more than 150 lbs. of fresh vegetables, which we grew in our community garden, to this local pantry, located around the corner from our offices. We also donated new winter coats to children to keep them warm this season.
- Special Olympics (CT)—We sponsored the Cheshire Police Department and its “Cops Conquering Kilimanjaro for a Cause,” in honor of Special Olympics Connecticut.
- Norwalk Housing Foundation (CT)—Donations enabled the foundation to purchase school supplies for children in need.
- LISA, Inc. in Bristol, CT—We donated holiday gifts and stockings to older teenagers who have experienced abuse or neglect.
- The Agape House Bristol, CT—Our donations helped the soup kitchen—a warming center for the homeless—cover licensing costs.
- The Grace Food Pantry Bristol, CT—HAI Group donations helped with the pantry’s start-up costs.